Sunday, January 15, 2012

I love judging famous people.

Did you watch the Golden Globes?  I, of course, mainly tuned into the red carpet arrivals so I could cast judgement onto the rich & famous as if my opinion means anything to anyone other than myself and my mother (and that's only so she can say the exact opposite of whatever I think about any given starlet).  You can see many of the stars' arrival photos here over at People.  So go forth and cast your own fashion verdict!  And, just in case you're curious, here are my picks.

Best Dressed:
Emma Stone in Lanvin.  This girl really knows how to come off as fresh & ever-so-slightly edgy without ever ever ever crossing the line into cheap & trashy territory.
Michelle Williams in Jason Wu.  My favorite designer of 2011 on one of my favorite actresses ever.
Tilda Swinton in Haider Ackermann.  What can you even say about her?  She's Swinton and she completely works it.

Most Unfortunately Dressed:
Lea Michele in Marchesa.  Granted, I am not a fan, but after Lea's tragic showing at the People's Choice Awards earlier this week (where her dress looked to be made of certain pieces of certain feminine hygiene products) I thought she might make a step toward redeeming herself tonight.  Instead she opted for this Ice Capades costume.  What's the deal, Marchesa?  We all know you're better than this.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I agree with everyone except Swinton. She just royally creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that's part of her odd charm! I love the androgyny. Plus check out the bracelets she wore tonight. To die!

    ReplyDelete